Aplentus

2 birds with 1 stone? I will use 7 or 8 stones just to make sure. I want those birds dead, dead, dead.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Nemisis

Periodically, I write something about a store that doesn't make sense to me. I mean to say, the store doesn't make sense to me, what I write usually makes perfect sense....to me. The reason why there is no mention in this blog, heretofore, of CompUSA, is because I vowed to quit shopping there prior to writing this blog. I didn't do a campaign or boycott, I didn't vow publicly to quit shopping there and bid everyone else to do the same. I quietly hated it there so much, and when I say so much, I mean so much I wouldn't shop there at all. Even though I cap on Fry's, I would go there 100 time before I would go to CompUSA. In fact, I would sooner build a computer out of construction paper, paper clips and a soda machine then go to CompUSA. I would even write my own analog OS, which I might do anyways.

Imagine my delight, this week, when I drove through the area where CompUSA is located and saw some people holding signs what said, "CompUSA's going out of business sale" I quietly played my part for the past few years, and surprise! The sweeet sweeet taste of victory. BEHOLD, the vanquished!


I went there yesterday, to breath in the sweet stench of death, but it wasn't fulfilling... yet. They haven't even marked down their prices yet enough to be competitive. But, soon, it will all be over. The prices will fall, customers will come in and get excited about the deals they are getting, and then slit their wrists because the check out process is so long and arduous, not worth any amount of % off. Next time I will sneak my camera into the store. Hopefully you will get to watch with me as the local CompUSA breathes its final, humiliating breath.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home