Aplentus

2 birds with 1 stone? I will use 7 or 8 stones just to make sure. I want those birds dead, dead, dead.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

United States Easement

Who is tired of being cut off from Alaska? I mean who besides me... I am so tired of hearing candidates run on the same old crap, the war, the economy, the environment, is Pluto a planet or a dwarf planet.... Who cares? I did care, but I have thought about it all so much, I don't care anymore. My brain hurts from caring too much, and now I have to care about different things for awhile. Like a moonbase. We need one of those, and any candidate who told me they were going to set up a base on the moon would have my vote. Unless, someone running against that candidate said we needed an easement to Alaska. I know our hockey playing, beer drinking, lumberjack neighbors to the north have been friendly enough, but they do sit between a lot of the United States and one State what needs to be United with the rest of the states so they are all contiguous (cept for Hawaii, that is, for now.)

Below is a picture of what I recommend for an easement to Alaska:



As you can see, the ecommended easement is in red, white and blue. I think this easement should become the 51st state. I have already been thinking California needs to be broken into 2 states, Northern and Southern California. But, in light of this new easement, I think Southern California should be a state, Northern California should become a new state and should be called Middle California, and the new easement territory should be called Northern California. Though that is kind of confusing since Oregon and Washington are both in the way. Plus, then it would be 52 states with the splitting up of the original California. Maybe we should just call it Old Canada? Kind of an honorary thing for the former owners. We could even change Canada's national anthem a little to make it the new easement state song, it would go "Old Canada" instead of "O Canada" though the second line would also have to change from "our home and native land!" to something like "our brand new easement land!" Also, in the second verse, Canadians might want to change the song from "How dear to us the broad domain, from East to Western sea!" to something like "How dear to us the broad domain from Eastern sea to the border of Old Canada!" That is just a suggestion though, Canadians can fix or not fix the song however they see fit, Canada will just not border the Pacific anymore at all, so the song might be a reminder of when they did. Maybe Canadians will like that for the sake of nostalgia?

It will be nice having a new state. Hopefully it takes the pressure off of real estate prices for awhile, the new territory will provide lots of new opportunity for house building, I mean, once it is settled and all. Maybe I will move there to help settle it, it would be like cowboy times, border towns where a middle aged outlaw can make a name for himself. Or maybe I will settle there and be a law man, stopping outlaws from making names for themselves in the new wild west, I will serve up justice and hot iron and cold steel, Old Canada style!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger S said...

I like this idea. A lot. But question: what happens to the accents in Old Canada? How about a blending of that wretched Canadian lilt and the lazy drawl of SoCal surfers. For example:

"'Ay bra, u check that curling game last night, eh? It was mad awesome, don'tcha know?"

God that's even more annoying than I imagined it to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home