Aplentus

2 birds with 1 stone? I will use 7 or 8 stones just to make sure. I want those birds dead, dead, dead.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Time to say goodbye.

It's almost moving day here. Tomorrow is the big day. Most of my toys and office supplies are packed. I am leaving the cube farm in the new building for an office in the old building. Cube farm is an over statement, this is more of a cube patch. Calling this a farm is an insult to farms. I am not going to miss the half mile walk from my truck to my desk every morning. I am not going to miss the half mile trek out either. Nor will I miss the mile round trip at lunch. I am not going to miss my five foot high faux walls or my modular furniture. I won't miss having to sneak my soda back to my desk after lunch, sodas are free to come and go how they please in the old building. I am not going to miss the stain on the carpet where I spilled some frosting. I don't think I will miss all the noise that comes into a cube. There is not much about my current set up I am gonna miss. In the men's room of the new building, I will have to turn the faucet on for myself, it will not turn on automagically. Likewise, I will have to flush the toilet for myself. Hopefully that I flush the toilet when I am done using it will start a needed trend, even a revolution in men's room care. Probably not, but I can dream. I will miss the smell of the day in the men's room over here. I know that is disgusting, but it is a new adventure everytime I go in there. Incidentally, today it smells like evil. You might not have known that had a smell, but it does. I will not miss the automatic flushing toilets and sinks. Maybe flushing the toilet instead of depending on a machine to do it for me can be part of my weight loss plan? I will miss the excitement of the half bird half rat critter in the ceilings of the new building. I can only hope the Braats find their way over to the old building. I will miss having a perfect place to hide cigarettes, even though I don't smoke. I will miss seeing the Erics on the occasions anyone plays darts on a break. That about tears it with stuff I will miss. Nothing else comes rushing to mind. Just like that, the new place is out, the old place is in. Good riddance new place. I wonder if the new tenant to my former cube will be able to figure out what that stuff is on the wall? I am not gonna tell the new tenant what it is. It's my little secret, think of it as a gift, if you will. I wonder if the new owner will appreciate my modifications? Maybe I shouldn't talk about them, nevermind. In short, from now on, these blogs will be written in a hard walled office. Maybe they will finally start making sense.

UPDATE: Now the men's room smells like evil mixed with a lite chef's salad... And maybe a little bit of the musty odor from the inside of a mountain man's boot. If there was a vortex in there that opened up to a landfill in an alternant reality, well, lets just say that would explain some things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home