Aplentus

2 birds with 1 stone? I will use 7 or 8 stones just to make sure. I want those birds dead, dead, dead.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The G2 pilot & moral dilemma

Maybe this isn't a moral dilemma.  What better lead in then to grab you with an awesome title, and then tell you maybe I am wrong.  Normally, morality is not a problem for me.  I have a pretty good idea where the boundaries are at for most things.  It's important to know where moral boundaries are, in my opinion.  That way, when you cross over them, you know if you need to create a diversion.  I have to rechalk my moral boundaries often.  I cross over them regularly, but I don't want to lose sight of them.  If you don't know when you crossed one, you don't know when to make something look like a complete accident, or like you didn't really know.

Given that, it seems like it would be difficult for me to wind up in any kind of moral dilemma.  Yet here I am.  My favorite pen to write with is a G2 Pilot.  That gives me an idea, I am adding that to the title.  I am also not rewriting the first paragraph.  This post is starting to feel shaky, but it won't when I am done.  At least, no more so than usual.  Anyways, yes, I still use pens.  I like to write on paper.  Partly because I like how it feels, all old fashiony and visceral.  Also, I like to draw pictures of trees on paper because of the irony, and because I am better than a tree.  Try and stop me tree!  That's what I thought, just sit there and get leaves on my car, just like every other day.

Recently my G2 Pilot pen ran out of ink.  This particular kind of pen is so awesome though, you can buy it ink refills and keep the same pen.  I am not so romantic or nostalgic that I want to keep that pen because of any special meaning or memory.  I am a man, and it's a pen, not a car or a rocket...it's just a pen.  I just don't like buying new stuff if I don't have to, unless it's somehow less expensive to buy new than to keep old... and here in lies my perceived moral dilemma.  A package of refills is 2 for 2 bucks.  I am not good at math, but that is a dollar a refill about.  At Costco, I can get a new package of Pilot G2s, 15 of them, for 12.89 or so.  That means the whole pen in that package is less than a dollar each.  But, I have to spend almost 13 bucks plus tax to get the cheaper pen.  If money weren't tight, this would be less of a dilemma, but money is tight...

Maybe until I save up the 14 or so dollars I will need to get all new pens, I will write with my tears.  Or maybe I will write with my red Pilot G2 until I save up enough money to get the big pack.  Or maybe I will....is that La Chuppacabra?!?!  What?  I didn't take your Pilot G2 when you looked at La Chuppacabra, that's crazy talk.  Can I borrow some chalk, I might have smudged a line, I will give the chalk right back, cheese...not like I am a thief or anything.  Good luck finding your pen, I gotta run.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home