Aplentus

2 birds with 1 stone? I will use 7 or 8 stones just to make sure. I want those birds dead, dead, dead.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What is the real story?

Sometimes I write parts of little stories to keep me creative (creative = freak) One of these stories is one that I made up, and kind of like. One of these things is a real occurrence. It might be difficult to guess which is which, but I leave it to you. Which one happened, and which did I fabricate?

I was angry. The reasons didn't matter. Mad. Burning with the intensity of the white hot desert sun. The kind of anger that can drive a person to do despicable deeds. I was on the road. Captain of my vehicle, Captain of my destiny. Seething. I am stuck at a red light. Radio blaring loud music. Fist tight on the wheel. Jaw set. Eyes straight ahead. Burning. Suddenly, a voice next to me. Why would anyone ask me for directions at a time like this. Why don't I own a gun? Down the music goes. "What?" Looking over at the woman in the SUV next to me."Are you angry?" She asked a second time. Do I know you? This is a red light. I am now confused, and maybe angrier. "Yup." I fire back sharply like the sound of a metal car antennae slapping bare skin. "What's the matter? Why are you angry?" I can feel the light about to turn green. Why is all I can think. Why would someone ask me this? "I don't want to talk about it, but thanks."

It was cold. Colder than sticking your hand in a bucket full of ice water and salt. If you have never tried that, it is cold. Having misplaced my pants, I was walking outside in only my flip flops and an ascot. The ascot didn’t offer much protection from the cold. My goal was to get back to the heated water of the hot tub as soon as possible. That is why I took this little short cut. Well, at the time it seemed like a short cut. I didn’t realize how far the drop really was. From up there, it didn’t seem so bad. Turns out the big pile of what I thought was soft, fluffy snow was actually a thin layer of snow on top of an old car. The windshield was a slippery place to land. I will tell you, I didn’t think I could make a dent that big in a car and walk away from it, but that is exactly what I did. I wasn’t going to hang around and wait for the owner of the house to come out and see the damage I had just done to his automobile. Nor did I want any difficult questions about why I was in the hot tub or where had the ascot come from. It is my ascot and my business, that is the way I see it, loosing my pants and warming up in a strangers hot tub were merely side effects of a much bigger and more serious situation. The ascot, however, just made sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home